Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Husband...My Hero

I know I should be working right now, but my mind is elsewhere. For my second post (I promise I will stop numbering my posts) I would like to express my gratitude to my husband, Ryan Schaal, the most incredible man on Earth. I truly, am so blessed.

Let me tell you all a story that illustrates his greatness. Today was supposed to be a special day for me, and really it was, but it was a day that I really was excited about, and he knew that. I was going to visit a friend in Milwaukee and going to have lunch and just generally hang out. A much needed break from work and some super special girl time. After a tour of her fantastic store (www.broadwaypaper.com), really, probably the coolest store ever, we headed off to lunch. After the appetizers of delicious tempura snow peas, I received the call I did not want to hear, "Uh, Amy, the new girl didn't show up for work."

Ahhh! I won't go into all of the details as this is a post to celebrate Ryan, but seriously...today? I am an hour away from work and I really want to finish these snow peas and try the chicken sandwich, and I know that place must have fabulous desserts. So what do I do in this situation? Who can I call to cover for me or the new girl for the hour it takes me to get back? Who loves me enough to help serve 15 children lunch, and put them to sleep?

"Hey Ry, can you go into work for me for a little bit?"

No complaints, no hesitation, just love. And when I saw him, a smile that brings tears to my eyes. The smile that says whatever you need...I love you. The smile that says, I am sorry you had to miss your special lunch. The touch on my shoulder that says, everything is great. Don't worry.

So, today, I thank God for reminding me how blessed I truly am. For I have a husband that will go into to work for me. He is the husband that constantly supports me. He is the person who smiles and the worries of the world melt away. He is the person who still gives me goose bumps as when he touches my hand. And he is the greatest father. Sure, he swears too much and likes to play video games, but if that is the worst of it, I have it made.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like the Ryan I know...WBDDD. Been a while. firstandlast@gmail.com. I'd love to talk to you guys. BAL

Yellow Puppies Blogger Template | Template Design | Elque 2008