Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh My Word!



January 13th? That was the last time I wrote an entry? Oops. I am so sorry. Hmmm. Here is what we have been up to:

1. I spent a wonderful four weekend away with amazing women at my friend Tracie's cabin. We woke up, ate an amazing breakfast, talked, then it was lunch, then we played games, then it was time for appetizers, then we talked some more, then it was dinner, then dessert, then we talked some more. If it sounds like all we did was eat, talk, sleep, read, that's because it's all we did. However, I did manage to sneak in a few quick runs.

2. I have been super busy at work. There was a big licensing project that took me a week to complete, but I am done. Now, I am on to enrollment, and planning a huge silent auction/wine tasting. When I get home, all I want to do is snuggle and play with the kids.

3. I have been running. I am registered for a marathon. More on that another day.

4. The kids and I have been busy playing. Oh, how I love to play with these kids of mine! Meyer loves to play legos and he is so good at it. He builds and builds and builds. Seriously, the things he builds are fantastic. He build rockets and boats that I couldn't dream of building.

He has also really been really into The Guinness Book of World Records (GBRR), the upgraded version complete with 3D glasses. He loves to read this book and it is hilarious. He will bust out random things like, "Do you think I could get in the GBRR for using the most yellow in a picture?" Or, I will ask him, "Do you think we should grow out your nails so you can be in the GBRR?" To which he replies, "Someone already has that record, Mom."

I am also teaching him chess, which is awesome. He knows all of the pieces, where they belong, and how they move. He is now developing some strategy. He also loves his Nintendo DS and playing Super Mario Brothers. I like to play it as well!

Mally has the most incredible imagination. Lately, she has been setting up our house as a Montessori School, complete with different work areas. Some of the work areas that she has set up have been napkin decorating, learning letter sounds and writing letters, staying in the lines when you color, putting clothes on Barbie, cutting hearts, and a reading area. She set out these little work stations all over the house and Ry and I were the students. She gave us lessons on each of these. It was fantastic.

She has been playing birthday party with her babies as well. I wish I had the technology to upload some of the pictures that she has been drawing for these party cards. I will ask Ryan about it when he gets home. Anyway, she finds gifts, wraps them, then puts gives them to her babes (as she calls them). She also pretends to be married and play dress up.

My favorite family activity is dance party, which we have been doing a lot of lately! It always happens in the kitchen and we put on some great music and dance. Meyer and I actually developed a routine! It is pretty sweet. We were at a birthday party over the weekend which had dancing to disco music and the kids wouldn't dance. When I got home and asked them why they weren't dancing, they said, "That wasn't dancing music." It was pretty funny.

Anyway, if you are still hanging on despite my lack of entries to this blog, I thank you and promise my entries will be more frequent. If I can make time for Facebook, I can make time for this blog.

0 comments:

Yellow Puppies Blogger Template | Template Design | Elque 2008